Things to know about desk ornaments
Desk ornaments can add a touch of elegance and style to any work space, but before you start picking out your favorite pieces, it may be helpful to know a little bit about the industry. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for desk ornaments: -Ornaments should be made from materials that can withstand wear and tear over time. -Ornaments should be made from sustainable materials, if possible. -Ornaments should be unique enough to stand out but not too unique that they become difficult to store. -Ornaments should be lightweight and easy to move around.
Types of Desk Ornaments
There are many different types of desk ornaments that can be used to brighten up a space and make it more functional. Some of the most common options include paperweights, pen holders, and picture frames.
Some people prefer to use traditional ornaments, like a Christmas tree or artificial garland. Others find that interactive or novelty options are more fitting for their needs. Some of the most popular novelty options include kite hooks, dice holders, and key rackets.
Whatever type of ornament you choose, ensure that it is appropriate for the space and looks good on your desk. Also be sure to clean it regularly in order to keep it looking new.
What to Look for in a Desk Ornament
When it comes to desk ornaments, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First and foremost, you’ll want something that will fit in with the style of your work space. You can go for something traditional, like a Christmas tree ornament, or go for a more modern look, like a matching pair of earrings.
Another thing to consider is the size of the ornament. Some ornaments are small enough to fit on a corner of your desk, while others are more large-scale and can sit on top of your monitor. And finally, what material is the ornament made out of? You can choose from plastic or metal, but both have their pros and cons. Plastic ornaments tend to be cheaper and easier to replace if they break, but metal ones can look nicer and last longer.
Materials You’ll Need
To create a perfect desk ornament, you’ll need the following supplies:
-A sturdy piece of wood or cardboard
-A pencil or other thin object
-Acrylic paint in a variety of colors
-Craft glue or hot glue gun
-Gold leaf or other precious metal flakes
-Scissors and a craft knife
1. Begin by sketching out your desired ornament on your sturdy piece of wood or cardboard. Make sure to account for the thickness and shape of your chosen material. Once your design is complete, use a pencil to trace around it onto your chosen material.
2.Begin painting over your traced outline with acrylic paint in a variety of colors. Use craft glue or hot glue gun to attach gold leaf or other precious metal flakes to the center of your ornament as you go. Be sure to let each layer dry completely before adding another.
3.Once all layers are dry, carefully cut out the ornament using scissors and a craft knife. Letting each piece dry completely before attaching to your desk will result in a more durable finished product!
To get the most out of your desk ornaments, follow these easy assembly instructions.
1. Start by locating the ornament you would like to assemble. It may be easier to do this if you have a group of ornaments you would like to put together.
2. Once you have located your ornament, take note of its base. This is the part of the ornament that attaches to the desk surface. The base can either be a sticker or it can be a metal piece that screws into the desk surface.
3. Next, locate the part of the ornament that has either a sticker or a metal piece attached to it. This will be the top of your ornament.
4. Carefully peel off the backing from the sticker or metal piece and place it on top of the top part of your ornament base. Make sure that both pieces fit snugly together and there are no creases or bubbles in between them. If there are any problems, try placing more pressure on the pieces until they fit snugly and then try again with fresh adhesive/plastic/metal pieces.
5. Once both pieces have been placed on top of each other, use a marker or pen to draw a border around both sides of your ornament top (or whatever design you desire). Make sure that this border is at least 1 inch wide so that it’s sturdy and doesn’t come loose over time. If you don’t have access to a marker/pen
Whether you’re a student looking for something to occupy your desk while you study or an office worker who wants to add some personality to his space, there are plenty of clever desk ornaments out there that will suit your needs. From quirky keychains to fun figurines, find the perfect ornament for your workspace and start boosting morale today!